reversed direction for finals

Go down

reversed direction for finals

Post  paul f on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Did anyone else like the idea to reverse the direction for the final. I thought it went well and would like to see it happen again .

paul f

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reversed direction for finals

Post  grimidol on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Nope lol i didn't like it. but then it is not down to me :-)

grimidol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Reversed directions for finals

Post  xrayt2009 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:12 am

I have to agree Darren

Its a good idea occasionally but not something for every week.
I think it makes the "Finals" a bit of a lottery where surely they should be the best races of the night.
I am not sure it is fair on the new less experienced drivers.

I would like to now and again change the race format to say the following.

1) Each driver gets a period of say 10 mins qualifying to do the fastest lap you can.
You would then have 3 finals each with the best 2 counting.
2) Each driver gets a period of qualifying to do your best 2 consecutive laps.
You would then have 3 finals each with the best 2 counting.

Please keep your comments coming, I will put something together to give everyone a say.

Finally can I appologise for the intermitent lap counting at present, I will get it right.
Can i ask that you all look at the position of your transponders in your cars if you are having
lap counting issues - it does make a difference.

Mark

xrayt2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re direction

Post  paul f on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:20 am

Hi all i agree it should not happen all the time and it would be a lot harder for some of the f2 drivers but even though I crashed out early last night i really enjoyed the change of direction.

Maybe sometimes run the complete meeting reversed.what you think

Last edited by paul f on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

paul f

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Airfixer on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:23 am

I agree that changing the format occasionally is good, to keep it fresh. However I dont think the reverse final is a good idea. As Mark says, the final is supposed to be your best run of the meeting. How can it be the best run if you are essentially racing a different circuit to the qualifying? Does changing direction between races in a meeting happen anywhere in motorsport?
Steve D

Airfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:02 am

First off I just want to say that this is what the forum is all about.......your thoughts and feelings of the club.
The more that get on here the better.
BUT........it doesn't mean it will become policy. It is nice to think out of the box, but you do have to think about the Hall, Racers (beginners and seasoned) the Championship and Track.
Now as for running the Finals in the operate direction, I to think it was a mistake. I have always thought that we can mix things up by running the opposite direction, but for the whole race night.
I have made many drawings of tracks with straights down the left and right sides. You can then choose to run clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Now for me this isn't just for my pleasure it's trying to get the racers to try new things and get
their drivings skills up.
Some clubs have 10-12 different tracks that they use for their Championship. Some say that if you use this type of system you could make notes of what you have used that works for that particular track and then when it comes around again you have your info to call upon.
For me like most of the club members is about keeping things fresh (Like Steve has said) keeping things simple and keeping the racers/club members Happy.

I have to applaud Mark for keeping things moving and especially last night. We know how much work you put into getting the races running and if you don't just watch him on a race night.
The problems we have been having with the transponder have caused you no end of problems and at the end of the day all YOU want to do is race like us all. So thanks angain Mark.

So again, it's great to see racers putting their views on here and all I can say is spread the word and keep them coming.
crazybrit123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul f on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:16 am

Completely agree Mark does do a really good job running the club . One other thing I think is a good idea penalties for bad driving even if lapping drivers in qualifying rounds faster drivers should not just push there way through

paul f

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Airfixer on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 am

I totally agree - Mark does an excellent job!

Paul - your suggestion about penalties made me lol!

I can imagine that leading to arguments and much handbag swinging!

Airfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul f on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Steve I can see that it could cause problems giving penalties but i also feel it is unfair when faster cars that are lapping push there way through even though I do my best to get out of the way. Sometimes even if you are on the same lap. Sorry for bitching rant over

paul f

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:22 am

Paul, form my point of view you are the perfect gentalman when coming up to lap (sorry about mentioning the lapping bit) and so are a lot of other drivers. It is always being said that others don't do the same.
How do you police this? The problem I see is that we need a person with a voice and the conviction to make that RIGHT call, for me that's a tough choice, especially when most, with that voice are possible in that race. When your on the rostrum (as a driver) you have never done anything wrong. That's what could be said is good having the Video to look back. Having said that, it's too late after the event.
I would like to think that as a friendly club most racers would do the right thing and move out the way.
Some do move out the way only to come back and hit the back of you at the next corner.
So I think it's all down driver ability. The better drivers know who's quicker (in the heats) and who's laping in the Finals.
This problem is happening though all the heats and finals.
They do say, what goes around come around. Now that's no good if you've just been taken out trying to lap another car when your in the lead or trying to catch up with the leader.
It is not only down to the person being lapped but also down to the person lapping.
It will always be difficult at Capel because we are a small track.
In the end it is just "Toy Cars" chaps. We say this week after week after week.
But I would like to see better thinking from ALL racers and I include myself in this.
crazybrit123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

thoughts of ron weasley

Post  derek osborn on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 pm

As the oldest A finalist {sometimes} personally dont like 5 or 10 min qualifying as i"m not much good at it, much prefer a good race regardless of whether its a heat or final. Dont mind reverse circuits anything to slow the quick boys lol. As for having a ref of sorts, dont think anyone would want the job as its the worlds most thankless task. Oz.

derek osborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 am

Ozzie you are not the oldest ??? ;-)

grimidol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content