complete balls up!!!!

Go down

complete balls up!!!!

Post  PLT3 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 pm

i`d just like to tell everybody how disappointed i am at not recieving my first ever 1st place trophy for winter season 2009 i worked hard to finish where i did i was there almost every week and i spent time and money to keep my car running, im just wondering should the club have spent as much money as they did on the A drivers trophys and on non members trophys,would this have made a difference ? I was also disappointed on recieving a 3rd place trophy which should have been a 2nd place is this due to the fact that too much attention is being placed on the A drivers class and not on the other classes. Lets hope this is put right before you lose another member!!

PLT3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

complete balls up

Post  lakes009 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 pm

i completly agree with this statement i was under the impression all classes should be treated the same i agree that all the attention is given to A class drivers even down to the write up on the capel website page the notes on how many wins they have and the most wins. THERE ARE TWO OTHER CLASSES NOT JUST A CLASS.

Yes is does look that way but it was not done for that in any way
this will now be removed from the site.
If you want to check how many wins you have through out a year just look
back in the Results and Championship tables and this will be the same for every one.

lakes009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Complete balls up!!!!!!

Post  xrayt2009 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Guys

Firstly can I appologise for the way that some of you feel,
Myself and my dad
have never been elected to run the club but since we both joined approx 28 years ago this is were we have ended up.
Any descisions that we have made have been made for what we thought was the best. I for one really enjoy my friday night and see it as a social evening more than anything else, I have made some great friends that I only see once a week.

Can I try and answer some of your issues.
Firstly your 1st ever 1st place trophy for the winter 2009 championship (did you mean 2010)
It was completely my fault, we basically could NOT AFFORD any, at the time we had been supplied with the new laptiming equipment by a donation (this would have cost £3000 if we had to but)
We needed a new computer program for this to run, this new program cost us £200 which I paid for personally, the club is paying me back over a period of time.

Each Friday night costs us £20 for the hall and approx £8 for tape.
On a good night if we have 8 seniors and 3 juniors we take £35 and make about £2 profit on drinks etc = Approx £9 each night -

The 9 trophies we bought cost us £75 in total.

I made the decision to run 3 classes so that more people had the chance to win one, I have won approx 3 trophies in the last 20 years because we do not try to make money, my son has won 2 in the last 9 months, and he is not alone.
If you raced elsewhere sometimes there is a senior and junior class, Myself, Tim,Iain,Darren and Joe raced at WEST KENT yesterday, Joe is in the same class as Tim.

As for the trophy cock up please talk to me about it as I am not sure what the issue is.
Sorry if there has been one, certainly not meant.

As for the entries on the website and the forum, this is completely the work of Tim who does all
of this of his own back with no payment what so ever. I would like to thank him personally for what he does I think it is fantastic, I you would like something on there ask him i am sure it can be done.

Of the so called A final drivers I would like to thank Andy as well for selling spares, tyres etc from Extreme, he doews this off of his own back to help us all out.

Everybody that turns up over the years keeps us going, Paul and Wayne- if you had not have come back we would never have got the new carpet that your dad kindly bought for us.
Iain comes down from Ashford every Friday he can and always puts the track out and is the first to start packing away
We now have Darren,Joe & Steve regularly turning up which helps a lot, 3 years ago we were
down to 3/4 people a night and nearly folded.

Myself and my dad put a lot of time and effort into the club, the tape,drinks, chocolate do not buy themselves, my dad goes to the Hall monthly meeting for 3 hours once a month which keeps us in with the hall and keeps the rent down by £6 a night. I spent 3 hours last week making sure the laptiming worked last week and will do the same this week with the new laptop that Steve has kindly supplied.

I have not been aware of the A drivers getting better treatment and I am sure you will agree any time we can help you we do.

Myself and my dad are more than happy to stand aside if somebody else would like to run the club.

Lastly, I would like everybody toturn up on Friday night, I will shake hands with anybody and that will be the end of it.

WHAT DO WE ALL THINK
Mark

xrayt2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: complete balls up!!!!

Post  SENNA on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 pm

lakes009 wrote:i completly agree with this statement i was under the impression all classes should be treated the same i agree that all the attention is given to A class drivers even down to the write up on the capel website page the notes on how many wins they have and the most wins. THERE ARE TWO OTHER CLASSES NOT JUST A CLASS.

Yes is does look that way but it was not done for that in any way
this will now be removed from the site.
If you want to check how many wins you have through out a year just look
back in the Results and Championship tables and this will be the same for every one.
SENNA
Admin

View user profile http://capelrc.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 pm

I can't believe I'm reading these posts from what is a relaxed and friendly Club.

crazybrit123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:42 am

Hi guys these is the reason why it is a good club tbh you can voice a question and it is sorted out we came back racing off road but the fun and hard racing we have at capel is so much more fun
Thanks

grimidol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Airfixer on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:49 am

I've come in late to this conversation and my opinion doesn't count for much but I'd like to say that when I decided to return to racing I made capel a regular haunt because it was and still is a great fun club. I think Derek and Mark do a great job running the club and there's always plenty of (sometimes :-} ) good advice available. on the point of a donations box - there is one - just make sure you buy some fizzy drinks / sweets while your there.

Airfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down