Running a second class at capel

Go down

Running a second class at capel

Post  grimidol on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:59 am

Guys we was talking about what class to run as a second class at capel last night.
What if anything do you want to do?
new G12 cars
F1 1/12
TC
I though any car just a motor rule something like blinky 10.5 any car. This is just a idea but next week i think Sean will have the F1 rinning better with motor change and a lower car.
The G12 rules look good and they are the second class at the nationals for 1/12.
PLease put up your coments and what you think.
Thanks
Darren

grimidol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running a second class at capel

Post  SENNA on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 pm

grimidol wrote:Guys we was talking about what class to run as a second class at capel last night.
What if anything do you want to do?
new G12 cars
F1 1/12
TC
I though any car just a motor rule something like blinky 10.5 any car. This is just a idea but next week i think Sean will have the F1 rinning better with motor change and a lower car.
The G12 rules look good and they are the second class at the nationals for 1/12.
PLease put up your coments and what you think.
Thanks
Darren

Might be best if there is a second class maybe a Tamiya Fwd TC as it would be the next step up
from the Minis and are cheap plus good out of the box. Run some thing like 17.5 Blinky setup
and Kit tyres or Tamiya A slicks which should be good for Capel. Maybe run a F1 and F2 like the Minis. I think 1/12th might be ok for the likes of us but a step too far for the up and coming drivers best to sick to Fwd for now easy setup and no drive belts and spools wearing everything out .
You never know it could be a good thing for West Kent too as 4wd Touring seems to be dropping off there too.
SENNA
Admin

View user profile http://capelrc.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  enb1 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:42 pm

I think like Tim has said the 12th is a step too far and F1 has been tried at West Kent and i think lasted about 3 meetings before that came to an end.

The Tamiya fwd might be ok i don't know any think about them or what about just using the touring cars that we've got and run them in 17.5 Blinky.

Its ok having a second class but will that not just dilute the minis?
Who wants to run two classes a night? It's hard work making sure you're charged and if you've got to fix your car between rounds.

enb1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Airfixer on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:53 am

I think the G12 Schumacher Supastox would work well at Capel. There's 2 types of chassis, so the rules would have to be clear on whether the 2S lipo version can be used or if its 1S only with a G2 motor.

Tamiya also do a 4WD shaft driven chassis, which is basically a mini gearbox & diff at the front and back linked together with what looks like a bent coathanger! (Ive got one)

Having said that, I agree with Ian - another class would definitely thin out the minis tho'.
So maybe its not such a good idea with the minis still being as close and fun as they are

Steve D

Airfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SENNA on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Airfixer wrote:I think the G12 Schumacher Supastox would work well at Capel. There's 2 types of chassis, so the rules would have to be clear on whether the 2S lipo version can be used or if its 1S only with a G2 motor.

Tamiya also do a 4WD shaft driven chassis, which is basically a mini gearbox & diff at the front and back linked together with what looks like a bent coathanger! (Ive got one)

Having said that, I agree with Ian - another class would definitely thin out the minis tho'.
So maybe its not such a good idea with the minis still being as close and fun as they are

Steve D

Dont think G12 is the way to go you have that already with the Mini for pure stock racing
but it does need another class as Minis is ok but its only good for Capel and West Kent for
now. Just needs somting else to go with it. It would only take 4 to 5 cars and you have another
good heat to race in. But at the same time keep the Minis as the main class.
I must admit i dont think i will have the 4wd Tc for much longer as it is realy only at Maritime
that they race them fully each week and thats no good to me.

Like i said some thing else which is not too quick just some sort of kit spec kit.

Last edited by SENNA on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SENNA
Admin

View user profile http://capelrc.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 pm

I was thinking of bringing more people to the club so picking a class that is being over looked locally.
The G12 are supporting the national 12th and if west kent do get a round of this then it could be a good one off race to do if you want to enter into a big event.
But it is godo to see how people feel ;-)

grimidol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:47 am

What ever we do it must be to the benefit of the the club and it's racers.
I think Mark will be putting out a questionnaire to see how the club is feeling at the moment. This will include where and what the club should be looking into and moving towards.
The large amount of Mini's we now have at the club should be what we do. But as for a second class, I would go for the Touring car with 17.5. As for blinky or not I'm not fussed. You might even want to try 21.5.
I don't think we should over complicate things by moving to a class no one knows anything about. There is a large amount of expertise for the use of Touring class that racers could call upon.
But let's get this questionnaire out and back in to see how the club feels.
Above all everyone, when this questionnaire comes out, get one, fill it in truthfully with your wants and feelings and then "GET IT BACK IN". Don't mone when you miss out on your say.
crazybrit123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum